Table of Contents
When it comes to cosmetic injections, the options you have at your fingertips are expansive. Addressing aging skin is becoming increasingly common as patients seek to smooth their wrinkles, crow’s feet, and other signs of aging to boost their confidence. Our team of experts at the Metropolitan Skin Clinic is happy to shed light on this common topic and provide hands-on guidance for you.
Types of Cosmetic Injectables
There are more options for face injections than you may realize, each with its use case. Here are some common cosmetic injectable options for you to consider.
Botox for wrinkles is what comes to mind for many when they think of cosmetic injectables. This injection is used to smooth out moderate-to-severe wrinkles including frown lines, forehead lines, and crow’s feet. The appointment for botox treatment itself only takes around 15 minutes once your injector has talked with you about your concerns.
Results begin to take place immediately after but don’t usually reach their peak until two weeks after the appointment. Although Botox is incredibly effective, the results last 3-6 months depending on the individual. You’ll need to invest in regular Botox appointments to keep up with the effects.
Another option for facial injections is Dysport. Similar to Botox, Dysport works by temporarily relaxing the overactive muscle through a neurotoxin. It temporarily reduces the movement of muscles to help smooth the appearance of wrinkles. The treatment only takes a few minutes and the results begin to take effect immediately. The longevity of Dysport vs. Botox is similar as treatment usually lasts 3-6 months. Its price point is usually slightly less than Botox which makes it an attractive alternative to patients.
Aesthetic injectables also cover dermal fillers. While fillers are another type of injectable, they offer different use cases than Botox or Dysport. While Botox and Dysport help to reduce facial movement and address fine lines, fillers help to fill the wrinkles and lines from beneath the skin. Fillers help address the natural loss of facial volumes such as in the lower eyelids or sunken cheeks. Fillers can also be used to enhance the volume of the lips for a fuller, more voluminous look.
The effects of facial fillers are immediately apparent, however, some swelling and minor bruising may take a few days to disappear. The longevity of results depends on the type of filler that was used and how the patient tolerates it. We’ve outlined many common filler options below.
- Juvederm & Juvederm Plus: This dermal filler is made from hyaluronic acid, a substance found naturally in the human body. This substance is essential in maintaining skin hydration. Juvederm and Juvederm Plus are ideal for restoring facial volume and softening harsh lines.
- Radiesse: Radiesse offers patients immediate improvement and lasting results. It’s made of small calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres that are suspended in an aqueous gel carrier. Radiesse is used to smooth severe wrinkles and can correct volume loss in the back of the hands.
- Restylane: Restylane face injections can help add volume to the lips as well as fill facial wrinkles, and smooth lines around the mouth, add volume to the cheeks and improve volume in the back of the hands.
- Restylane Lyft: Part of the Restylane family, Lyft has a thicker formulation that targets deep facial wrinkles, especially nasolabial folds that run from the nose to the corners of the mouth. Its larger particles make it ideal for deeper injections.
- Restylane Silk: This wrinkle filler is designed to treat the areas around the mouth and lips. It helps to improve lost definition, lip thinning, and vertical lines.
- Restylane Refyne: Another part of the Restylane family, Refyne taps into XpresHAn technology that helps soften laugh lines (both nasolabial folds addition to marionette lines).
- Restylane Defyne: If you have deep laugh lines, consider Restylane Defyne as your injectable filler of choice. Defyne taps into cross-linking technology and hyaluronic acid that restores a youthful appearance to the face.
- Restylane Kysse: If you want to add volume to your lips or smooth out upper lip wrinkles, consider Restylane Kysse. It contains hyaluronic acid that’s designed for lip augmentation.
- Restylane Contour: Another popular facial filler for the cheeks is Restylane Contour. It helps to restore lost cheek volume without sacrificing facial movement.
- RHA Collection: Resilient Hyaluronic Acid (RHA) is designed to provide volume but move with your skin, providing natural-looking results. It’s ideal to use in even the most dynamic areas of the face.
What is Sculptra? Sculptra injections are designed to gradually replace collagen that has been lost, helping to address the underlying root of aging. It is a poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) collagen stimulator, meaning that it works in the deeper layers of the skin to improve collagen production. It’s typical for results to appear gradually over the treatment period. Unlike other wrinkle filler injections, Sculptra requires 2-3 injections that are spaced at least 6 weeks apart over the course of 3-4 months. The results from Sculptra last roughly 18 months.
Micro-tox is another example of cosmetic injectables to consider. It is a blend of microneedling and custom infusion cocktails that offer a host of benefits to the patient. Not only are the needles finer than a single strand of hair, but they’re able to penetrate the skin on a deeper level to provide better benefits. Micro-tox has many advantages such as:
- Relatively painless
- Minimal downtime
- Fast and easy treatment that takes less than one hour
- Greater efficiency due to heightened therapeutic absorption
It’s also possible to include platelet-rich plasma (PRP) infusions with micro-tox treatments.
If you have excess skin underneath your chin, often referred to as a double chin, Kybella is a great option for you. Kybella for double chin treatment works by targeting and destroying fat cells under the chin and it is the first treatment of its kind. Kybella’s active ingredient is called synthetic deoxycholic acid; it works by breaking down and absorbing dietary neck fat. One major benefit of Kybella is that once the fat cells have been destroyed, they lose the ability to store fat in the future. As soon as you achieve your desired look, no further Kybella treatments are needed.
Face Filler Injections In Minneapolis
Facial fillers come in many varieties that produce different results. In some cases, a combination of different injectables is the most impactful in providing you with the results that you want. Our team at the Metropolitan Skin Clinic is happy to discuss your goals with you and help you determine an effective treatment plan. We’re happy to discuss your goals during a consultation, please contact us today to schedule your appointment!