The Metropolitan Clinic Excels in PRP Microneedling Expertise
Don’t just trust anyone with plasma injections. It’s important to find a clinic that has experience with PRP treatments and collagen induction therapy, which is exactly what you can expect at the Metropolitan Skin Clinic. No treatment begins without a customized treatment plan as we know that each patient has unique needs. Our staff is committed to helping you achieve your desired results through PRP treatment and ensuring that you’re comfortable throughout the process.
What Is PRP Microneedling Facial?
Platelet-rich plasma treatment is a procedure that processes your own blood in a way that forms a high volume of growth factors. These are then applied directly to your skin directly after microneedling. The microneedling procedure is a process that creates thousands of micro-injuries on the skin’s surface, allowing the platelet injections to target the deeper layers of the skin for optimal results. While the skin heals, collagen production continues over the next few weeks.
Microneedling with PRP Benefits
Opting for PRP plasma injection treatment, also called a vampire facial, is an effective treatment for most patients. We’re able to target many treatment areas of the body and develop a microneedling treatment plan regardless of your skin type.
- Acne scar treatment: If you have acne scars, you know how much it can impact your appearance and your confidence. It can result in your skin looking pitted or indented, causing an uneven skin tone. With collagen and elastin production in a high concentration, you can significantly reduce the appearance of scars.
- Fine lines and wrinkles: Many patients are adding PRP into their routines to reduce the appearance of aging. Stem cells work to stimulate new tissue by producing collagen and elastin.
- Glowing complexion: Environmental factors such as UV rays and pollution can take a toll on the natural smoothness of the skin, and topical products can only do so much. PRP treatment works to create controlled micro-injuries in the treated area to help restore your natural glow.
- Increased volume: A microneedling device can help restore the natural loss of volume that occurs with age. Visible lines, sagging, and other skin damage related to aging will improve.
- Hyperpigmentation: Those with sun damage and hyperpigmentation can greatly benefit from microneedling, as the collagen production can help smooth out those sun spots.
What to Expect with SkinPen PRP Facials?
The first step is to meet with our team to ensure that you’re a good candidate for this treatment. During this time, we’re happy to answer your questions and walk you through how many treatments we think that you’ll need to achieve your desired results.
Before the platelet plasma injection begins, we will use a topical numbing cream to ensure you’re comfortable throughout the process. It’s possible that the microneedling process could feel mildly uncomfortable, but it’s a relatively fast procedure that lasts around 30 minutes. After the SkinPen microneedling treatment, we inject platelet-rich plasma or a mixture of hyaluronic acid with exosomes made from your own blood and blood platelets. These will help stimulate your body’s natural healing results and boost collagen production.
Following the procedure, your skin will likely feel sensitive. This usually goes away within 48-72 hours after the procedure. Your skin will also appear slightly inflamed and red, so you’ll want to avoid sun exposure for roughly 4-6 days after your appointment. It’s especially important to apply sunscreen during this time and make sure to avoid removing scabbing on your own as it could result in uneven pigmentation.
How Much Does Skinpen Microneedling with PRP Cost in Minneapolis?
On average, the microneedling PRP cost ranges anywhere from $300 to $1,800, and the exact amount that you pay depends on factors such as your provider’s experience level, the technique used, and whether you’re combining the treatment with other procedures. In many cases, providers also recommend more than one session to achieve the desired results which will raise the PRP injection cost. We’ll be able to give you more accurate pricing once we have a consultation with you.
Who Qualifies as an Ideal Candidate for Microneedling with PRP Injections?
Nearly everyone who is experiencing mild-to-moderate signs of skin damage or aging skin will be a good candidate for this procedure. It is a safe and highly effective procedure that targets deeper layers of the skin, and there are very few risks to getting it done. It’s seen as a natural alternative to other invasive surgical procedures and chemical-based treatments. However, if you have active breakouts, a skin infection, or cold sores, you’ll want to avoid PRP injectables for the time being.